How to Export/Convert OST to MBOX Files?
Are you struggling with OST files and looking for solutions to Import them in emails to clients like- Thunderbird, Apple Mail, etc. The only solution which is available for users is to convert OST to MBOX files? If you want to do that, you have landed at the right place. Here we will discuss the step to quickly convert OST to MBOX.
The need for Export from OST to MBOX might arise to some users, but before jumping directly to the process, let’s discuss OST/MBOX files, and why you might need to migrate your data from OST to MBOX.
What is OST File?
OST file is a local copy of the live mailbox which is available on the server. Outlook creates this file type when a user configures his Exchange or IMAP account in it. This file type enables users to work in offline mode, it uses by Outlook to save entire emails, attachments, contacts, calendars, other user’s mailbox items in it.
MBOX is a file type that most email client uses to store user mailbox folders items in it. It uses to store and organize email messages. It is the usual common format that is used for storing email messages on the hard drive. MBOX files are accepted by email clients like Mozilla, Thunderbird, Microsoft, Eudora, etc.
Read More:- Convert Orphaned OST to PST
Why do users need to Export or Convert OST to MBOX files?
There are many situations when a user comes in a situation where they need to import Outlook data from OST to MBOX like- OST file corruption, moving data from one computer to another. As stated above, an OST file is a copy of mailbox data on the Exchange server and is stored on the local system’s hard drive.
Assume, if your original mailbox is corrupt and the data in the OST file stored on your machine is corrupt too. In this kind of situation, it becomes impossible to gain access to users’ important data. To handle this kind of situation and to Import OST files’ data in email clients like- Thunderbird, OperaMail users need to Convert OST to MBOX files.
Best Solution to Convert OST to MBOX file format:-
To make the OST to MBOX Conversion in an easy manner users must try the PassFixer OST to Converter Software. this single program works easily to Export emails folders from an OST file MBOX file format. The software offers a clean GUI and some simple steps to quickly convert OST files to MBOX in an easy manner.
Most Advance feature of OST Converter tool:-
- Batch Convert OST, Outlook PST files into MBOX and multiple other formats
- Recover & Convert OST file obtained from IMAP, Exchange Environment, Office 365, and Outlook.com
- Instantly perform ost file conversion with Emails, Calendars, Contacts, Tasks, Notes, and other items.
- Split OST files into smaller PST files to avoid big data file damage or corruption problems.
- Export and Save OST emails to PST, MBOX, EML, EMLX, MSG, HTML, vCard, Office 365, Gmail, and Yahoo
- Support to recover and convert OST files of Outlook OST 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, and 2003 data files.
How to Export OST file to MBOX file:-
- After successful OST to PST installation, Open the software-
- Click on the “MS Outlook OST file” radio button.
- Select “Add Single OST”, or “Add Multiple OST files” for importing OST files in the software for conversion.
- After file selection hit on Next to start the scanning and repairing, process, and load all OST folders and items
- Click on OST folders to check the live preview of every item and select required folders.
- Now click on the “Convert” button and choose MBOX from the conversion options list.
- Select other required options and hit on Convert button to start the conversion process.
- After conversion, software show you a confirmation message like this-
In this blog post, we have mentioned the possible solution that can be used to Export or Convert OST to MBOX files. For converting OST to MBOX first of all users have to download and use PassFixer OST to MBOX file. The software will directly Import OST file data to new MBOX files without any additional application requirement.