How to Fix Corrupt Outlook.ost file using Free OST Recovery Tool?
- August 13, 2021 at 2:47 pm
- 0 comments
Last updated: August 19th, 2021 at 05:22 am
Outlook saves a copy of your emails, contacts, calendars, and other stuff in two different file types: PST and OST, whether you’re using Outlook 2019, 2016, or an older version. When a user configures an account in Outlook using an IMAP or POP account Outlook automatically creates an Outlook Data file (PST) for storing all important information users. But in case of if you use an Office 365, Exchange, or Outlook.com account, however, the data will be saved in Offline (OST) files by the Outlook application.
These data files are usually very reliable, but they can eventually stop working or become damaged. In the case of corruption, the user requires a solution to Repair corrupt OST or PST files. Also, users search for a repair tool to troubleshoot and fix problems with .ost files.
Best Solution to Fix Corrupt Outlook.ost file
The most used free program that most users use to repair minor corruption errors is Scanpst.exe (Inbox Repair Tool). This is an inbuilt utility of Outlook which is good for repairing corrupt OST files. Scanpst is located in the Office folder within the Microsoft Office root directory folder. This will a solution for users to repair corrupt files but sometimes it fails to fix highly corrupt or damaged OST files. In that case, user users need to make use of an automated tool like- Passfixer OST Converter/Recovery Software. let’s check the working of both methods of recovering and converting OST files.
- ScanPST.exe (Inbox Repair Tool)
- PassFixer OST Converter/Recovery Software
Method 1:- ScanPST to Repair Corrupt Outlook OST file
Close the Outlook application and then follow these procedures to fix corrupt Outlook OST file: –
- Open the Run dialog box, by pressing both Windows key + R at the same time.
- Type the following text and then click ok.
“C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\root\Office16”
- Search/Select ScanPST.exe and open it.
- now select corrupt OST file from its location click on Start button to behin the scanning process.
- After completion of scanning process, click the repair button to fix the OST file corruption problem.
- When the repair process is complete, a notice will appear on the screen that says ‘Repair complete‘. Simply close the dialog box and start using Outlook again.
If this method is unable to fix your corrupt OST file or you want any other solution to repair corrupt OST you can also try the there method which is mentioned below.
Method 2:- Fix Corrupt Outlook.ost file Using PassFixer OST Recovery Software
Another method users can utilize to repair OST or recover data from corrupt OST files is OST to PST Conversion. Users can try to Convert OST to PST easily to access data of corrupt OST files in Outlook. The only technique to do this using Passfixer OST to PST Converter Software.
A user can simply fix damaged and corrupt OST files with the help of this utility. The software has an easy-to-understand user interface, so even a beginner user can utilize it with no extra effort. In just a few minutes, the utility will repair a severely corrupted Outlook OST file by applying the following steps.
Steps to Repair Corrupt OST files via OST Recovery/Converter
- Download, Install, and Launch Passfixer OST Converter.
- Hit on the MS Outlook OST file radio button and choose any one from the provided options Add Single OST file and Add multiple OST file (Batch) then press the Next button.
- Start the scanning process to repair all coeeuption error from OST files and load all OST mailboxes.
- Reacover and Load all OST folders and see the live preview of all OST items and choose the required folders then hit the Convert button.
- From the conversion select Export to PST and select the saving location by pressing the Browse button.
- To start the OST Conversion to new healthy PST files by clicking on Convert.
After completing the conversion process you will get a new PST file with all your Outlook file database. To access the data simply import this PST file in MS Outlook.
Here through this blog, we have described the solutions to repair Corrupt Outlook.ost file. As a result, we can say that any minor error from Outlook OST files can be resolved using the scanPST.exe tool but a highly corrupt OST file will create a problem. To resolve OST file corruption the recommended method is to create a new PST and transfer all data from OST to PST files. The method is to Convert OST to PST files using Passfixer OST Converter Software. This free tool will allow users to recover & extract all lost items from OST files to new PST files with simple clicks. Download a free demo of this tool and easily use all its functions free of cost.