How to Resolve Outlook OST Error “File Access is Denied”?
Last updated: October 13th, 2021 at 06:08 am
Summary:- In different cases, the user becomes unable to access their Outlook file and faces errors like- “File Access is Denied”? If you are also in a situation like this, then after reading this you will definitely get the solution to resolve your problem. Here we will discuss some of the best techniques to resolve the Outlook OST error “File Access is Denied”.
The OST file is an offline data file for Outlook that contains a copy of every user’s mailbox folder and items. This file type allows users to access their mailbox data in Outlook in offline mode. But in certain situations, users may encounter corruption issues while opening the OST file. One of those errors that appear in Outlook while opening OST files is “File Access is Denied”.
For a variety of reasons, users face this error in Outlook while opening OST files.
Reason for Outlook OST Error “File Access is Denied”
- The error appears when a user tries to add/import any orphaned OST file in Outlook.
- Incorrect profile configuration in MS Outlook Application.
- In any corruption, an error has entered in the Outlook OST file because of a Virus Attack, Power failure, or another kind of issue.
This kind of problem creates “File Access is Denied” in Outlook while opening the OSt file Furthermore, without a permanent connection with the server, it is also impossible to access OST files.
But don’t panic; in the next part, we’ll show you the tricks to resolve this Outlook error and access the OST file again.
Manual Method to Outlook OST Error “File Access is Denied”
- Run Outlook as Administrator
- Disable incompatible addons from Outlook
- Deselect the Read-Only option from the OST file attributes.
- Try to use the Inbuilt utility of Outlook known as Inbox Repair Tool(ScanOST.exe) to repair corruption errors from OST files.
Automated Solution to Resolve Outlook OST Error ”File Access is Denied”?
The above-mentioned methods are workable if the OST file has a connection with the Exchange Server. If you are trying to add an encrypted orphaned OST file you may get a problem in opening OST files.
So the best method to resolve File Access is Denied OST file error is, convert OST to PST file and configure a new profile in Outlook and import the PST file in Outlook with your OST file data.
Users can take the help of the Best PassFixer OST converter/Viewer Software to Convert OST to PST files without the requirement of Outlook and Exchange Server. Also, this tool is capable to recover data from corrupt OST files and allow saving them to accessible PST files.
Steps to convert OST to PST file to fix “File Access is Denied” error
- On a Windows-based PC, run PassFixer for OST Converter.
- Select the radio selection “MS outlook OST file” from the Add, Source File section.
- The software will now add and load all of the OST files that you chose.
- View the live preview of OST emails selectively after scanning all OST mailboxes.
- Choose the required folder from the OST file and hit on Convert button and choose the Export to PST from the conversion options list.
- Apply other options and start the conversion process by hitting the Convert button to Convert OST to PST files.
After completion of the conversion process user will get a new PST file with complete OST file data. Now, simply open Outlook and configure a new Outlook profile. After the account configuration process simply Import the PST file in Outlook. Now easily access your OST file data without getting File Access is Denied error.
Most Advanced Features of using OST to PST Converter Software
- Quickly and safely convert OST files to PST in bulk.
- Get a real-time preview of each mailbox item in each OST folder or file.
- Allows you to create a distinct PST for each OST mailbox.
- Multiple OST mailboxes can also be save to a single PST file.
- Selectively OST Mailbox Folder to Outlook PST Export
- In addition users can also open OST files in the software to view items including emails, contacts, calendars, and other items without having to use Outlook or Exchange Server versions 2019, 2016, 2013, or older.
Here, through this blog, we have mentioned the tricks for the users who want to know How to Resolve Outlook OST Error “File Access is Denied”?. We have mentioned some free manual techniques for users to resolve this error. If the user is unable to fix the error with the manual technique they must use the automated method. Use the automated OST to PST Converter software and resolve Outlook OST Error “File Access is Denied” in easy steps.